Spring Cleaning

Now that spring has officially began and you know all the biggest trends, it's time to clean up your closet. That's right- time for spring cleaning! I bet you've already bought some new pieces but still have winter clothes in your closet. Well, it's time to store them in boxes and make room for spring clothes. Take your time and go through your old clothes and see what is to get rid off and what to keep. People usually don't do any selection but just exchange winter clothes with spring pieces. Then what happens is that you don't really know what you own. You have a closet full of clothes you don't actually need and no space for new ones. So it's very important to go through your wardrobe and put everything in order. Sounds hard? Don't worry, I'm going to help you and show you how to make a selection so that your clothes could finally breathe. Let's get started!
 

Step 1: Take all your clothes out of the closet. And I mean everything. When taking them out, sort them into piles of same type (pants together, shirts together,..). This way you'll have better view on how many pieces of each you have. When you're done, it's time to clean the closet (When was the last time you cleaned it? Don't remember? Exactly my point). Use a cleaner and be exact, reach all the hidden spots. When you're done and your closet shines bright like a diamond, get back to your clothes.
 

Step 2: Go through all the pieces and decide which ones you're going to keep and which ones have to go. Don't just keep everything! If you haven't worn one piece of clothing for more than a year, it's time to say goodbye. Don't convience yourself that maaaybe you will wear it one day. You won't, trust me, I've been there ;)

When deciding whether to keep or throw away particular piece, ask yourself these questions:
  • Have you worn it in the last year?
  • Is the item out of date?
  • Does it fit you and compliments your style? 
  • Does it make you feel atractive and 100% yourself?


Step 3: Sort your clothes into three piles. On first pile put the clothes that you're going to keep, on second clothes you're going to donate to charity and on third clothes that don't suit you but are still in a great shape- give them to your friends.

Step 4: Take the pile of clothes you're going to keep and see what you have. Think of the combinations you can create out of them. Remember that the best pieces are the ones that can be combined five or more ways! Take your time, put on some music and make your own fashion show. You can even take photos of the looks you've created so that next time you know exactly how to combine particular piece. When your show is over, write down the list of things you need to buy.

Step 5:
When you've done all four steps and have written down pieces you need, put your clothes back in the closet. I like to organize them by type: pants together, blouses together, blazers and jackets together.. if you are a tidy freak you can also organize them by color.
 
 
Here are some extra tips for organizing your clothes:
  • Put your favourite pieces on display (racks can make your room look more fashionable).
  • Personalize your closet. Stick inspirational photos or mirrors on the inner side of the closet door.
  • Put gloves, scarves and socks in boxes to save space and make them look more organized.  
  • Buy good hangers.
  • Don't forget about your underwear. Throw away any ripped panties or bras that lost their shape.

 
 I hope this was helpful. I can't wait to hear how your spring cleaning went. And also, if you have some tips on cleaning your closet, I'd love to hear them! Xo

CONVERSATION

48 komentarji:

  1. Interesting post, great tips! It is the way I use to do it! xx

    http://thefashionbrook.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!
    Nice tips!
    kisses
    http://www.milanotime.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to do some spring cleaning on my closet!

    Abby
    www.champagneplans.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first navy lace top. And I need to do some spring cleaning...

    theexposedcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! I never actually thought to pull out all my clothes before but I think it would definitely force me to sort through everything.

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, then you actually see what clothes you own and it makes sorting much easier :) Xo

      Delete
  6. Nice post! I will definitely be doing this on the weekend!

    kstormfashionblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and good luck with your cleaning! ;) Xo

      Delete
  7. already did my spring cleaning, too and I have been looking for good and durable hangers for my dresses and jackets. i know I can find them at ikea but i have less time, so i might outsource that online. good job on your spring cleaning!

    new post on THE MILANO MODE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah spring cleaning!!!:)

    What do you think of following each other on GFC/Bloglovin/Instagram?
    If you want, let me know :)
    xoxo

    www.mielleloves.de
    www.mielleloves.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! You've inspired me to clean out my closet

    xxx

    www.insidein-insideout.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pfff still need to change all my winter close for summer close T_T
    Blog
    FBpage

    ReplyDelete
  11. Going to do this at the weekend! thanks :)

    http://40sunsets.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post and tips, I think I'm going to do the same when I have a day off.
    And wow you look stunning in that red dress, it's beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pictures!

    http://linastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Twice a year I'm doing the same things in Spring and Autumn! It's very useful!
    Fashion Friends Diary

    ReplyDelete
  15. My closet really needs to be clean! Nice post!

    http://porlasramasblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, I'm happy you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are such great tips and I love the red dress at the end. You've inspired me to clean out my closet!

    xo from Switzerland

    ~Dale
    www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those tips are really good. I love the one about displaying the clothes you particullary like! I should really start cleaning my closet soon :)

    Susan
    http://love-life-every-day.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like it! Have fun!

      Delete
  19. I just cleaned my closet two days ago! It feels wonderful!
    http://www.whatsashawears.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It's some kind of relief ;)

      Delete
  20. love the read dress
    http://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
    http://fashionroomlounge.blogspot.com.es/
    Twitter / tumblr/ instagram: @fashionrlounge

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahaha nice <3

    Federica
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    The Cutielicious

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post! I definitely need to do this soon. I clean out my closet often, but I like to keep everything tidy and so it's a lot to keep up with!

    www.highheelstosneakers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but I think it's kinda fun :) Xoxo

      Delete
  23. Great post. I love the red dress at the end. Hopefully that didn't go into the donate pile.
    Bright and Shiny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha no, don't worry, I still wear that dress :) Have a lovely day! Xo

      Delete
  24. Nice tips! <3 you look lovely! <3

    http://www.naturellebeautywall.blogspot.mx/

    Att. Alexa Bernal

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've already started to clean my wardrobe, but I'm one of those who hardly gets rid of clothes that I don't wear anymore, who knows if something which now seems very dated will be fashionable again in a couple of seasons? Nice post, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is very helpful

    http://iamchiara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete