Best and Worst of the 2015 Golden Globes

The award season has officially started, which means a lot of hard work for fashion police. I've reviewed all the red carpet looks from the Golden Globes and came to a (sad) conclusion that unfortunatelly there weren't any huge fails this time. I guess big competition among actresses made them step up their outfit game. It's not just about receiving the golden globe anymore, it's about getting the "best dressed" award.

I was so excited to see (well, not really in person, but photos count, right?) actresses from some of my (many) favourite TV shows! Let's take a look at the outfits of the Girls cast.


Allison Williams in Armani Prive (10/10): When I first saw Allison's look I knew I have my favourite. The dress is mindblowing and I love how she styled it with minimalistic jewelry and soft vawes which give her that old Hollywood glamour. Just perfect!


Jemima Kirke
in Rosie Assoulin (4/10): As much as I like Allison's look, I dislike Jemima's. She appears as she's going to audition for the next Star Wars. Now I know some may say she has that special quirky kind of style, but I feel like she could express it differently.


Lena Dunham in Zac Posen (8/10): Well, it's refreshing to see Lena all glamed up or generaly in clothes, since in the show she usually jumps around half naked. The dress and shoes are so quirky but suit her eccentric style perfectly. And I like her hair too.


Zosia Mamet in Zac Posen (8/10): Wow, I love Zosia's new hairstyle! It's so girly and cute and perfectly reflects her sweet, poppy personality. The soft shades of a dress compliment her light skin and haircolor. Overall she looks like a modern Disney princess.

Orange is the New Black is a show that everyone's been talking about. Now let's face it, orange will NEVER be the new black, but the show might be the next Sex and the City. I started watching it because all my friends have (gotta keep up the conversations, right?) and didn't like it at first.. but then I kept going and eventually became addicted. Seeing the cast all glamed up on the red carpet is definitely very refreshing as opposed to their typical prison uniforms.


Taylor Schilling in Ralph Lauren (6/10): As much as I'm starting to like Taylor's character in the series, I have to say that am not a fan of this outfit. I think she took the 'less is more' rule too seriously. The color is great, but I'd get rid of that keyhole cutout, add a little more jewelry and do more dramatic makeup.

,

Danielle Brooks in Carmen Marc Valvo (7/10): Danielle aka 'Taystee' looked amazing in the black dress with golden details, but the first thing that caught my eye was her stunning face. Just look at her glowy skin and beautiful makeup. Good job!




Laura Prepon in Christian Siriano (5/10): Is it just me or does Laura reminds you of a Mortitia Adams? I mean, I like her in black but this dress doesn't do her any justice. From the swirled design to the nude underlay and ruffled skirt, there's just too much going on. Laura, remember - less is more!


Uzo Abuda in Randi Rahm (7/10): If you watch the show, I bet you were blown away as much as myself when you saw Uzo aka 'Crazy Eyes' on the red carpet. What a transformation! She looks ah-mazing (especaially comparing to her character in the show) and the dress compliments her figure perfectly. With slicked back locks and delicate jewelry she hit the jackpot.


Taryn Manning in Oscar de la Renta (3/10): Even though I was impressed by how good 'Pennsatucky' actually looks in 'real life', I think orange prison uniforme suits her better than this 'bin bag inspired' outfit. Proof that money can't always buy you taste.


Natasha Lyonne in Reem Acra (7/10): Love the vibrat blue color and heart-shaped neckline which nicely emphasizes her cleavage. I wish she was more original with the choice of bag though. But overall her appearance is great and contagious smile is just the cherry on the top.


Greer Grammar from Awkward in Lorena Sarbu (10/10): Greer blew me away with her fairytale princess dress, which suits her perfectly. She definitely deserves Miss Golden Globe 2015 award!


Gina Rodriguez from Jane the Virgin in Badgley Mischka (9/10): I've actually never heard of the show, but the outfit of the main actress definitely draw my attention. Even though it's a quite simple dress with fringed mermaid cut, it hit all the right notes. Who knew LBD can look so exquisite! It's not even surprising that she won the best actress in TV series award.


Julia Goldani Telles from The Affair in Carmen Marc Valvo (9/10): I can't tell you how much I love this color! Rich fabric of saphire blue hue make a perfect contrast against Julia's porcelain skin and with her dark weavy hair and berry lip she did an amazing job. But next time, someone please iron her dress.


Kerry Washington from Scandal in Mary Katrantzou (8/10): Yet another actress of my favourite TV shows. Do you watch Scandal? If you do, then you know that Kerry doesn't only have great style in real life, but also in series. I like the neckline of a dress and the combination of pink and purple textured fabric, but the thing that's throwing me off is the lenght of a dress. I think it would look better with a few extra centimeters.


Viola Davis from How to Get Away With Murder in Donna Karan Atelier (10/10): I recently started watching the show (by now you might realize that I watch way too many of them) and immediately got obsessed with it. Since there's not much of a fashion surpluses in the show, the main actress totally nailed it on the red carpet. Strapless dress made of a rich red fabric with beautiful embroidry on the sides and long trail gives her glamorous royal look.

Now tell me, do you watch any of these series? Which was your favourite red carpet look? I can't wait to read your comments! Xo

CONVERSATION

5 komentarji:

  1. wow!gorgeous gowns!
    i love all of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these looks
    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selections!! These ladies truly look amazing! :)

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

    ReplyDelete
  4. kerry washington's mary katrantzou was so controversial, i still can't tell how i feel about it.
    xx.

    www.fiftytwoeast.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing looks, nice selections!

    http://bellemelange.net/blog

    ReplyDelete